That I don't currently have.
I was supposed to be induced this morning, but the hospital called last night and told me not to come in because the Labor and Delivery ward was going to be full with people needing to deliver for more serious medical reasons. I don't think the nurse understood that my current mental state ought to be considered a medical condition requiring delivery. As bummed as I was to find out I would have to wait another day, I'm sure in the scheme of things, its really not a big deal. And,as it turns out my daughter will be born on my great grandmother's (my name sake) birthday.
Earlier this week, since it was the first day above 60 degrees in months, I told Dominic and Natalie we'd go to the park. When I we got there I could not believe how much snow was still on the ground. There is no way a 2 year old and 1 year old would easily be able to play but I felt awful because I had gotten Dominic so excited about going. So at 40 weeks pregnant I carried my two kids across the snow and mud and we attempted to play at the park. The kids had fun for about 5 minutes, Dominic wanted to swing on the "tiger swing" but other, older kids were using it. He has more patience than me, and waited for his turn only to get scared and want down.
Natalie's shoes were soaked so she kept falling and eventually busted her lip. You can't really tell in the picture above, but she's got a nice cut and there is blood on her jacket and hands. I suppose I should have waited a couple days since we did make a successful trip to the park today - sunny, 68, and no snow. I guess its a good thing I didn't spend this beautiful day in labor :)
The last thing I can't seem to wait for is Natalie's hair. The mullet is going to have to go. She use to let me put clips in her hair so it didn't look quite so ridiculous, but now she rips the clips out, usually with a nice chunk of hair attached.
Well my patience has worn thin, but by this time tomorrow I'll have my new baby girl (she'll even have a name and a place to sleep), The weather is improving (although I'm not counting out another snow storm, I do live in Ohio), and I can't imagine Natalie will have a mullet forever - so really everything is great!
4 comments:
I can't wait to see the new baby tomorrow! good luck!
Abby has a matching mullet. It drives me crazy that it keeps growing longer in the back, but stays the same length on top. Good luck at the hospital today and congratulations!!!
I am sorry its been kind of rough for you lately, I can't wait to see your baby too and to hear her name! Natalie is so darn cute even with a little mullet :) thats funny about the story with the park, because we did the exact same thing last Sat. it was almost 50 but snow everywhere but justin wanted to play so bad, but I had my double jogging stroller and wade was asleep, so I turned it around backwards and pulled it through the snow bouncing wade all around, needless to say he did not stay asleep, but I got them over to the playground without carrying, just pulling :) I hope everything goes well today, I can't wait to hear when she arrives!
Oh my goodness, I would be so depressed to have a date and then have to wait, even if it was for just one more day! Hey, Patience might be a good name choice for your new little girl :) GOod luck today!
Post a Comment