Friday, February 11, 2011

Winter & V-Day

That's V-day for Valentines, and of course Victory (for surviving most of this cold/snowy Ohio winter). We've been busy: family, kids, church, work, school,the job hunt, home improvements, etc. But, we have made some time for fun too.

Talie is about all things princess. She got this crown from a happy meal, and along with her "purple skirt", she felt like quiet a beauty.

We are rarely out playing in the snow. I"m not much of a fan of being in the cold wet whiteness, and the kids don't enjoy it enough to make it worth the effort of getting them ready and cleaning up the mess when we come in. But, I can't deprive them of the chance to play outdoors for the entire winter.



If Cara looks like she is going to bust out of this little (boy's) winter suit, it's because she is :) Seconds after this picture was taken she lost her balance and because of being all bundled up, couldn't catch herself with her hands. She face planted in the concrete. Her nose was bleeding and all scraped up. Poor thing.

Kirk took the kids for 4-wheeler rides in the snow. He wanted to hook up the sled and pull them, but they wouldn't have it. I guess they're a little young for that. If we'd had a bigger sled, I would've been game.

Dominic was super excited to make valentines.


The final work of art. After he pulled off the sticker letters for "Valentine".

I was actually really impressed with the Cat in the Hat he added to his valentine. Isn't that impressive for a three year old? My un-biased self sure thinks so!

Cara couldn't make any valentines, so she is one :)

And, the real reason why we've been so busy, and this blog hasn't been updated regularly is because this little princess is walking, and literally running circles around us. She started walking at about 9.5 months. Now she's a pro. She's adorable, looking a little small to be walking so well, and she's into EVERYTHING.

Natalie's goofy smile :) She's holding up the first version of her "valemtime". But when she saw this picture, she didn't see the heart and said "Uh-oh. Natalie colored on her shirt. We only color on paper". Can you tell this girl has been scolded a few times?


Talie's finished "valemtime"

3 comments:

Bethany Eilean said...

This makes me so happy it's not even funny. I'm addicted and obsessed with your kids and your blog. I hope it's not weird. All I have to say is my kids will have some big shoes to fill because yours are setting a pretty high cute standard!

JoshandJen said...

All 3 of your kids are so so cute!! I love Dominic cheeser smile, and your girls are such pretty girls. Love that picture of Cara in the snowsuit but am sorry she face planted it poor girl! I am not a huge fan of being out in the cold either unless I am really really bundled (and snowboarding ;) but you are a trooper, so far this winter, I made Josh take the kids out to play lol...

Jordan said...

How cute your kiddos are!!! I can't believe how big they are getting...love the the pics of them all bundled up :)