Friday, June 5, 2009

Dominic is Two!

My little man is turning two! I can hardly believe it, although he's been practicing his "terrible twos" for a while now. We celebrated his birthday today. We spent the morning at the zoo and then had family over for a birthday party. The weather was perfect so we go to hang out outside - Dominic's favorite place to be.


The birthday boy after a long day - he woke up ridiculously early this morning thanks to his little sis and although I could tell he was enjoying his day, he wasn't all smiles like he usually is. I think Aunt Gracie is jealous of all the new toys he got - check out that evil look (or maybe the sun was in her eyes?)


Mom after a long day too :)



OK - so I know this cake looks like it was made by a kid, and that because I had to put it back together in about 20 min after dropping it on the floor! So I was exicited to make an "ah-ah" cake for Dominic and I was so proud of how my cake turned out, I seriosuly impressed myself. And then being a ridiculous perfectionist, I tried to clean up the wax paper the cake was sitting on and ended up knocking the whole thing on the floor face first. I had a huge mess to clean up and a cake to try and salvage. You can tell the ears are totally messed up and I could not get them to look any better - but considering the whole thing hit the floor I guess its not too bad. Plus, I still think it tasted good. Chocolate and peanut butter - you can't really go wrong with that.



Singing "Happy birthday to You!" Dominic loved all the balloons...



Eating the cake :)




Dominic was quite spoiled by all of his family that loves him - here he is trying to play with all of his new toys at once. Thanks grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins - ya'll are the best!


Grandma & Papa putting together the fire truck at the pool side.



Natalie joined the festivities too. Talie girl after Grandma Gretchen fed her dinner and a full seving of cake and ice cream - that's my girl :)



4 comments:

Bishop Lee said...

Great pictures. Sorry I couldn't be there. Happy birthday Dominic!

Jenna said...

i think you're cake still looks amazing! I can't believe Dominic is already two... time goes by too fast!

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday Dominic!! Wish I could have been there. The festivities looked wonderful. I think the cake looked great too!

Jordan said...

Happy birthday to Dominic!!! I think your cake looks great- you can't tell anything happened!