I tired to occupy Dominic with edible
playdough today while Natalie was napping, it didn't go so well. I made the
playdough based off of a
recipe I heard on Jon & Kate plus 8 years ago - equal parts honey,
peanut butter and powdered milk. I don't if dry milk and powdered milk are the same thing (I thought they were) but I used dry milk and it was SO sticky. I had to continually add flour to keep it a decent texture, and the dry milk made it kinda lumpy. Anyway, I have a son who HATES to have dirty hands, so the sticky
playdough definitely didn't help with that :) Dominic was also awake way too early this morning adding to his crankiness. Maybe if I had used less honey...
Anyway, I did get him excited about the
playdough when I gave him silverware and cookie cutters so he didn't have to actually touch the
playdough with his hands -
haha. He did like to eat it as long as he took small chunks - he took a big bite once and spit it all out. That was lovely.
He is into shapes so he liked that we made circles and squares and would sing the
Steve song from
PBS "line, line,
circle, circle..."
And then Dominic's awesome mom made a car out of the sticky gooey
playdough which made his day until he tried to pick it up and it smashed in his hands getting him all messy :)
Have any of you done this successfully? I think Dominic would have liked it much better if it
was more like regular
playdough (which we can't play with because he tries to eat it:)



For purposes of equal blog representation - here is Natalie enjoying Dominic's birthday present. Dominic woke up sick on his actual birthday (hense the towel on the couch and the bowl next to him) But at least Natalie had fun with his new toys.
1 comment:
I've never tried to make that- but what a good idea!!! Hope it turns out better next time :)
Post a Comment