

Cara's birth went really well, though not as fast as I would have liked. Natalie was born within a couple of hours of breaking my water, so I assumed the same would happen with baby number 3 - maybe even quicker. I had dilated to a four, water was broken, epidural in place, and nothing happened for hours. After being stuck at a four for what seemed like forever, the nurses started having me change positions hoping to shift Cara into a position where she could help the labor progress. The nurse suggested that I get on hands and knees to move things along - which would have been fine if my legs and abs weren't numb. I'm sure the look I gave the nurse at her suggestion was a good one. I really didn't think it was possible, but for about 10 minutes I was on hands and knees supporting myself with my arms (it really wasn't very much fun :). Within a half hour of position shifting I was complete and ready to deliver - we had to wait a little while for the doctor - since the last time she had been updated I was at a four - but once she arrived, delivery went smoothly and quickly. Cara had her cord wrapped around her neck once, and was completely purple when she arrived, but the nurses assured me she was fine and with a little time her coloring was normal. Caroline didn't cry much and is still a pretty content baby.
Week one has gone well. Kirk was off of school and work for the week (although now he is out of town on guard duty) so we managed to get enough rest and care for our 3 under 3. Cara is very content, is still sleeping a lot, and is adorable! We are so blessed to have a happy, healthy, calm baby.
Dominic and Natalie seem to be adjusting well. Dominic is excited about "Baby Caroline" and Natalie loves to get close to her saying "baby, baby, baby". They are both a little jealous I think, and always seem to need me when I'm feeding or caring for the baby.
We are grateful for our little family of five - which I still can't believe - and so grateful for all the help we've received from our family and friends!
4 comments:
She is so precious! I am glad to see that things went ok, besides taking so long for you! And I can't even imagine having to be on all fours to try and get the baby moving, I would have not been happy either :)...the things we do to bring our kids into the world :)
I am glad things are going well and Kirk was able to be home with you. I am worried about how our 3 under is going to go when this baby arrives, your kids seem so mild and good, just Wade alone is like taking care of 3 kids, its going to be interesting...I am not far from you, please let me know if you need anything, I can run right over!
Anna, she's beautiful! You seem to get the most amazing looking newborns... seriously! Mine have come out looking quite interesting for the first little while until they grow into themselves. I'm jealous of all of Cara's dark hair. That's my dream for this little girl to have lots and lots of dark hair. I can't wait to meet her sometime later this summer hopefully!
What a tiny beauty, Anna! Congrats to all 5 of you. :)
She is just perfect!!! Glad you all are doing well :)
Post a Comment